Re: Oracle 9iAS on Linux

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_telusplanet.net>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 14:35:10 GMT

Helder Lopes wrote:

> Dear friends
>
> I would like to know if there is anyone that was capable of installing
> Oracle 9ias on Linux.Which were the documents that you followed.

There are a number of documents available:

Check Oracle's Technology Network at http://otn.oracle.com and - wander into the Linux Technology section where they have install notes - check out their complete set of documentaiton in the Documentation section

If looking at SuSE, check out the Compatibility Matrix and the documents there ... they are grouped by SuSE and Oracle version and include install documents and notes. This is the one I referenced for a totally painless and succesful install of Oracle9iR2 on SLES8.

Google under "install Oracle on Linux" yields 208,000 references, the first of which being:

Oracle Server on Linux Installation
Step-by-step instructions to install Oracle Server and Oracle Application Server on Linux. ...
jordan.fortwayne.com/oracle/ - 7k - Cached - Similar pages Received on Thu May 29 2003 - 09:35:10 CDT