Re: Slow Commit

From: Tanel Poder <tanel_at_@peldik.com>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 15:13:02 +0300

> Of interest ... of the lines taking more than 1% of the total time for
> each run is the following:
>
> COMMIT;
>
> recorded as 3.5697 seconds. And this is on a system with no more than a
> few hundred users and what I would consider a low-to-moderate
> transaction rate.

Hi!

You don't give us enough information about your application.

Are you saying that *all* commits take *total* 3.56 secs in your test run? This doesn't have to be bad at all, depending of how much commits do you execute in your cycle.
How much is the overall total of all commands in profile?

Tanel. Received on Thu May 29 2003 - 07:13:02 CDT