Re: Session Stats

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: 28 May 2003 19:32:06 -0700

"Niall Litchfield" wrote:

> If the session has been running for a long time (like an app server
> connection for eg) might it be a numeric overflow.

Pro*C. Local app on the same box. With a fondness of using NOT EXIST in large batch updates.

Though I have never seen rows gotten stat turn into negative values with so many digits.

> Or maybe it just got the
> answers before you issued the queries :)

I wish. :-)

It's amazing how people can use SQL without thinking _what_ they are actually asking the database to do. Having the poor database process over a terabyte of data (reads only) while the _entire_ physical db is not even close to a 100GB.

--
Billy