Re: Worst of the worst

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 22:43:40 +0100

http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/dcommon/html/feedback.htm

> I know the doc writers do read and act on feedback.

The feedback link isn't exactly obvious :( but I do have a good news story.

Consider

http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/win.920/a95491/specs.htm#1006174

which says if I have a 2k block size I can have no more than 121 extents *in my database*., not my segment, nor my datafile, nor my tablespace but my *database* This far outweighs a typo IMO. So I logged a TAR and (after a bit of ' "this is how unlimited extents works" "no, my point is the limits given are just daft and meaningless" ') a phone conversation with the docs guys a doc bug was logged. Net result 'fixed in next release' - and yes I will check. I made a point of going through the iTar route and it works, and so far as I can tell the docs guys listen.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA