Re: Trying to Install 8i on Redhat

From: Dave Hau <davehau_nospam_123_at_nospam_netscape.net>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 20:04:52 GMT

Download jre 1.4.1_02 from http://java.sun.com, then copy the installation disks to hard disk, then link the new jre to the installer:

cd Disk1/stage/Components/oracle.swd.jre/1.3.1.0.0/1/DataFiles/Expanded/jre

mv linux linux.ORIG

ln -s /usr/java/j2re1.4.1_02 linux

Now try runInstaller. If it works, that means the issue is with the jre, although you still won't be able to complete installation using j2re1.4.1_02 because some of the installer filenames are hard coded into the installer java app I think (from personal experience).

Cheers,
Dave