Re: sbt system events

From: Brian Peasland <oracle_dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 19:02:24 GMT

"sbt" typically means Streaming Backup Tape. I get these events in my databases that use RMAN to backup to a tape device. The events should be pretty self explanatory. For instnace, "sbtwrite" is waiting on a write event on the sbt device.

HTH,
Brian

john wrote:

> sbt system events
>
> I'm seeing several wait events near the top of the list starting with
> sbt... I've searched here and google with no useful results. What are
> these system events and what is their significane if any? Oh, and the
> usual question ... can they be considered idle events? If not, what
> would be considered normal values.
>
> events are: sbtbackup, sbtwrite2, sbtclose2, sbtinit, sbtinit2,
> sbtinfo2, sbterror and sbtend. there may be more but this is all of
> them in this particular instance.
>
> Thanks
> John Parker

Brian Peasland
oracle_dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com

Remove the "remove_spam" from the email address to email me.

 the three"