Re-Installing Oracle 9.2 on Solaris

From: Richard Abrahams <richard.abrahams_at_cityofbristol.ac.uk>
Date: 28 May 2003 06:03:05 -0700

Dear Oracle Installers,

I have a rather odd problem! I installed Oracle but screwed up a thing or two and decided to start afresh. I did the following,

  1. Removed the whole of the ...\9.2 directory structure
  2. Removed all relevant \tmp files/directories
  3. Relocated the Oracle home directory (removed the original home directory)

Now when I try to install I get an error message (before the Installer screen even appears) that I don't have permissions to write the inventory to "/u1/ora9home" - which was the original home directory, where the inventory was originally written and which now no longer exists.

Why aren't I being prompted for a new location for the Inventory? I assume that Oracle must have stored a vriable for this location somewhere on the system but I can't find it!

Any suggestions gratefully recieved.

Thanks.

Richard Abrahams Received on Wed May 28 2003 - 08:03:05 CDT