Re: Actual Buffer Pool size

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 22:30:12 +1000

"Linda Lee" <goforticket_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message news:f901fb80.0305271341.2decaf40_at_posting.google.com...
> On my 8.1.7 database on Windows 2000, I used following parameters to
> set up buffer pools:
> db_block_lru_latches = 8
> db_block_buffers = 210000
> buffer_pool_keep = (50000,2)
> buffer_pool_recycle = (30000,2)
> 1.
> But when I query V$BUFFER_POOL, the number of latches for KEEP and
> RECYCLE is 1. Why they take only one (instead of 2)? Is there a better
> way to get the numbers of latches?

Er, yes. Try using the correct syntax. What you've got above isn't it! It goes rather more like "buffer_Pool_xxxxx=(buffers=30000:latches=2)".

Get that right, and I think all the rest of your post will fall into place.

Where did you get this syntax from, incidentally? Or were you just guessing??

Regards
HJR