Re: Largest Read Size and db_block_lru_latches

From: Paul Drake <drak0nian_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 27 May 2003 21:28:26 -0700

goforticket_at_yahoo.com (Linda Lee) wrote in message news:<f901fb80.0305271318.7e06d3c6_at_posting.google.com>...
> 1. I read some document saying "calculate the
> DB_FILE_MULTIBLOCK_READ_COUNT as: [largest read size] /
> db_block_size". On Windows 2000 server and Oracle 817, how can I
> determine the Largest Read Size? Is the default size 64K for Oracle
> database?
>
> 2. I set db_block_lru_latches = 8 in init.ora file on the server that
> has 4 CPUs/processors. If I use db_block_lru_latches = 16, will it
> cause problems? What is the best way to determine the right value for
> db_block_lru_latches?
>
> Thanks for your help.

  1. mbrc

http://www.oracledba.co.uk/ - click on "tuning" and "db_file_multiblock_read_count"

2. concepts manual, administration manual, tuning manual. you are mucking about where you should not. Based upon your other post, you don't thoroughly understand what you are doing.
What problem are you trying to solve currently that requires 16 db_block_lru_latches?

I don't want to say this, but, leave things set as their default setting, until you identify that there is a problem and then modify them, according to industry practices (uploading a statspack report to oraperf.com is a good start).

Paul Received on Tue May 27 2003 - 23:28:26 CDT