read data from Excel Spreadsheet to Oracle Database

From: Monty <mmontreaux_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 27 May 2003 09:40:44 -0700

Hi, I need to import information from a MS Excel spreadsheet into an Oracle database table. This isn't a one-off implementation but an ongoing thing. The Excel files have the extension .xls (not .csv which would have been trivial).

Somewhere I have heard of something called ExcelORD but Google only shows up 2 hits (in Japanese so I can't make anything out), and the Oracle website none.

Any pointers?

Thank you
Monty Received on Tue May 27 2003 - 11:40:44 CDT