Re: Oh, this is so microsoftish ...

From: George Barbour <gbarbour_at_csc.com>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 11:19:47 +0100

"Hans Forbrich" <forbrich_at_telusplanet.net> wrote in message news:3ED23011.1A2B5A13_at_telusplanet.net...
> Telemachus wrote:
>
> > Anyone know if Oracle India employees can apply for vacancies in Redwood
?

> > anyway I'll get off my hobby-horse in this regard. Staying on the
support
> > hobby horse, though
> >
> > the response from Oracle in this NG is never v. good . - why ? no
money in
> > it, I suppose ? or corporate ban ?
>
> Several reasons, some of which could include:
>
> - if an Oracle employee recommended something that failed, you could sue
Oracle
> regardless of how many disclaimers the employee had in their email;
> - there could be a perception of undercutting the official support
mechanism;
> - Oracle Support actually monitors the OTN chat lines and responds, so
there is
> a NGish way of asking - why ask them do add another?
> - there simply are not enough Oracle personnel to write "RTFM" as often as
the
> questions really deserve;

Gosh what in interesting thread.
Tell you what I know, you listening Oracle? Outsourcing your support to cheap shops in India looks good on paper, but do you really know what goes on behind closed doors? In order to get these lucrative western world outsourcing deals, some of the Indian shops have now started to outsource some of their work to even cheaper African sites without tellin anybody. Of course in the future the African shops may then outsource to say .... France ....who may then outsource to Redwood .. who knows.

George Barbour. Received on Tue May 27 2003 - 05:19:47 CDT