Re: OT:Re: Oh, this is so microsoftish ...

From: Jim Kennedy <kennedy-down_with_spammers_at_attbi.com>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 21:59:17 GMT

No problem with the off topic stuff. They are not moving all their manufacturing to the US; just some of the time sensitive stuff where making it in Indonesia and then shipping it here takes too long for the brief sales cycle. (eg a shoe for a winning team's logo on it. such as the Super Bowl) I live down the street from Nike's headquarters - no, I don't work for them - and so I've met some of the people that work there. The latest thing that really torques the employees is that Nike has to cut people and limit raises and they just signed a (5 or 7 year) contract with a high school senior for $90 million dollars. You have to sell a heck of a lot of shoes to make back that amount of mola. I am not saying the guy isn't good, but that seems like someone was smoking something or someone has negatives.

Jim

--
Replace part of the email address: kennedy-down_with_spammers_at_attbi.com
with family.  Remove the negative part, keep the minus sign.  You can figure