Re: How do you grant connection permission to a user?

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 22:14:56 +0200

On Tue, 27 May 2003 05:59:10 +1000, "Howard J. Rogers" <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au> wrote:

>I can sort-of understand people still believing that indexes should be
>separated from tables for performance reasons. I can't believe or understand
>why anyone should be making totally dreadful recommendations like 'grant
>connect'.

Could you please have the issue adressed in the installation scripts Oracle delivers, or make it clear to *all* third-party vendors one shouldn't do this? CONNECT, RESOURCE, DBA is *OMNIPRESENT* in virtually *ALL* third-party software!!! (I'm not joking!)

and, BTW, connect, resource, dba is a hangover from Oracle *6* (read: SIX), and it was announced to be removed in the initial releases of Oracle 7. So: why on earth is it still there? Because Oracle's developers are too lazy to use granular privileges themselves, I guess

Regards

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Mon May 26 2003 - 15:14:56 CDT