Very High BLKS_GETS_PER_ACCESS, Clustering Factor?

From: SAP BASIS Consultant <basis_consultant_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 26 May 2003 08:37:02 -0700

Hi,

On a v8.1.5 (AIX) system, there are some indexes, about 40MB or 50MB in size, for which INDEX_STATS (After analysis) shows the following:

PCT_USED: 90% (PCTFREE is 10%)
LF_ROWS: 225000 (Or some other very large number) DEL_LF_ROWS: 0
HEIGHT: 3
BLKS_GETS_PER_ACCESS: 241 (542 in another and 5749 in another!).

I rebuilt one of them, reanalyzed it, and the numbers are the same.

Aside from BLKS_GETS_PER_ACCESS, the index seems in very good shape.

However, BLKS_GETS_PER_ACCESS is very poor. Is this a case of very poor clustering (In which I cannot do much aside from reorganizing the table), or should I look into somehing else?

Thanks in Advance,
DF Received on Mon May 26 2003 - 10:37:02 CDT