OT:Re: Oh, this is so microsoftish ...

From: Jim Kennedy <kennedy-down_with_spammers_at_attbi.com>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 14:43:47 GMT

On a Off topic note Nike is moving some of their manufacturing back to the USA. They find that they can be more nimble here and save a significant amount of money. (and still pay US wages). Jim

--
Replace part of the email address: kennedy-down_with_spammers_at_attbi.com
with family.  Remove the negative part, keep the minus sign.  You can figure
"Noons" <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au.nospam> wrote in message

> I'm reminded of standards of living comparisons
> that apply to Nike employees in some Indonesian
> slave shops, at $1/day...
>
> Of course one can live on that amount
> in Indonesia. Question is: would you?
>
> Exactly and precisely the same principle applies
> to what Oracle (and many others) are doing in India.
> And will do with China if given half a chance.
>
> --
> Cheers
> Nuno Souto
> wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au.nospam
> "Niall Litchfield" <niall.litchfield_at_dial.pipex.com> wrote in message
> >
> > The first two are excellent points, I wish a little bit that all DBAs
would
> > apply them to both their user base and their management as well though.
As