Re: Oracle Applications

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_telusplanet.net>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 14:14:04 GMT

Jeremy wrote:

> I couldn't see a separate Oracle Applications NG - is there one? I am
> interested in knowing if there is a way in which 3rd party apps can use
> the Oracle Applications 'self-service' sign-on method (badly worded
> sorry) - anyone any experience/know where i shoud look?

AFAIK, there is no separate news group. Strongly suggest you check OAUG for community contacts.

When I worked for Oracle, we were using the Single Sign On available in Oracle9i Application Server to provide a universal signon to third-party applications as well as Oracle's E-Business Suite. Since the App Server is included in the later releases of 11i, the core capability is there.

There was a definite direction to support the capability you describe. But (in the timeframe with which I'm familiar) this was a consulting effort. Also I recommend you watch the licensing implications carefully.

So I would encourage you to start looking from the Oracle9i Application Server information (and especially it's Single Sign On) rather than the Oracle11i E-Business Suite perspective, at least for the technical background. Received on Mon May 26 2003 - 09:14:04 CDT