Re: Oh, this is so microsoftish ...

From: Jim Kennedy <kennedy-down_with_spammers_at_attbi.com>
Date: Sat, 24 May 2003 11:16:30 GMT

I've seen such questions when the customer wants the tar to have A1 top priority. That is you are asking Oracle to work on this tar around the clock (world wide) because the problem is of such import that it is having a significant impact on your business. In such situations you must supply the phone numbers of two people who are going to work on the problem with Oracle. Often they will ask for a letter of impact from a senior level of management while they work on the problem.

Pretty reasonable for that level of attention. Jim

--
Replace part of the email address: kennedy-down_with_spammers_at_attbi.com
with family.  Remove the negative part, keep the minus sign.  You can figure
"Noons" <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au.nospam> wrote in message

> "Daniel Morgan" <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com> wrote in message

> Well I mean, in what possible way
> can this type of information be relevant
> to the solution of a software problem?
>

> > Want Larry to know?
> >
> > Just post it here. There are some Oracle employees here overtly. There
are
> > a lot more reading our comments and reporting back.
>
> Narh. I doubt it. By the time anything said here
> gets into his ears it's been triple-filtered,
> canonized and "molded" to match whatever the
> corporate line of the week would be. Preferably,
> twisted to suit the "policy" of whoever in Oracle
> is the up-and-coming BA of the quarter...
> Larry doesn't get his fingers dirty anymore.
> And that's a fundamental error.
>

> > Personally I've only had one or two bad experiences with Oracle support
in
> > the last 10 years. And then only because I try to only call them after
> > exhausting other resources so by then the problems are usually ...
unusual.