Re: URGENT! shared memory realm does not exist

From: elziko <elziko_at_NOTSPAMMINGyahoo.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 12:14:50 +0100

> The OP is using *Personal* Oracle. so: NO services at all, and AFAIK
> only *1* (ONE) single database. He is not going to resolve this.

I'm interested in these patches. Are you saying because I'm using Personal edition I cant use the patches? And are these patches reliable? I only have a few hours left and if the patches caused other problems it would be fatal!

What do you mean by no services? Theers a service running for each database I have. And there are two databases that are running at the same time. I'm not sure what you mean by your statements! Did you misread my post or are you telling me that you **CANT** run two databases on a personal server?

The reason I ask is because the only solution I've found thus far is for the guy running the demo to not log onto the machine (Win2K SP2) until ALL disk activity has finished. Then it seems to work (both databases up and running) **MOST** of the time.

--

Cheers,

elziko