Re: Why would an Insert /*+ append */ be slower than a straight insert?

From: Ryan Gaffuri <rgaffuri_at_cox.net>
Date: 23 May 2003 04:07:31 -0700

"Paul Brewer" <paul_at_paul.brewers.org.uk> wrote in message news:<3ecd49b4_3_at_mk-nntp-1.news.uk.worldonline.com>...
> "Ryan" <rgaffuri_at_cox.net> wrote in message
> >
> <snip a gazillion questions>
>
> Why don't you buy a book or two, or check the documentation, or Tahiti,
> instead of posting every single question to this NG?
> I'm not trying to discourage you; it would be a quicker learning process
> anyway.
>
> Regards,
> Paul

Ive read on otn...

concepts,server concepts, performance tuning, 2-3 of teh developer guides, utility guide, started reading the 9iAS guides.

Books I have read cover to cover:

8i Handbook
Perf Tuning 101
Dba 101
Niemic Tuning book
Harrison Tuning
Fuestein PL/SQL
Fuerstein built-in packages
Mike Ault DBA book
Designer Generation
Some forms books
Oracle SQL
Beginning Oracle programming
Currently reading the 8i DBA handbook
Read large part Kyte book

I also read asktom daily, get ORACLE-L, lazydba listservs and frequent a variety of websites.

Ive also read a large amount of documentation from metalink.

is that enough to ask questions here? If you dont want to answer them then dont.
I have several others including Lewis book, kyte book, adams book on my list. Im in school and my time to focus 100% on oracle is limited. Received on Fri May 23 2003 - 06:07:31 CDT