Re: dbmove utility?

From: Harry Boswell <hboswel1_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 16:24:24 -0500

On Wed, 21 May 2003 22:10:03 -0700, Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com> wrote:

>Harry Boswell wrote:
>
>> One of our consultant programmers was telling me about a DB2 utility called
>> dbmove that could quickly replicate databases. He thought this utility had
>> been ported to Oracle. Does anybody know what he's talking about? A quick
>> Google search didn't turn up anything that sounded like what he was
>> referring to.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Harry Boswell
>
>Replicate as in real-time replication or replicate as in copy?

The context was replicate as in copy. I was importing a .dmp, and he asked why it took so long, when you could use this dbmove utility and it was very fast. He's from Russia, and his English is a bit broken, so sometimes there are things lost in translation.

I find it hard to believe that you could import a 4GB DB2 database in 'just a few minutes'.

Harry Boswell Received on Thu May 22 2003 - 16:24:24 CDT