Re: truncate command 8.1.7. locally managed tablespaces

From: Richard Q <rquintin_at_vt.edu>
Date: 22 May 2003 12:04:58 -0700

"Howard J. Rogers" <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
> The key advantage of LMTs is that they avoid a potential single point of
> contention on the data dictionary (but you'd have to have dozens of segments
> all simultaneously extending before that was an issue in the first place).

This is just the statement I've been looking for. Everyone keeps talking about how LMTs are the best thing since sliced bread, but no one is giving any quantifiable benefits.

Is it worth moving a 100G+ db to LMT? Sure we'll do it eventually, but the impact it has on performance is going to dictate how soon.

What metrics should I be looking at to determine the performance benefits of LMT? Received on Thu May 22 2003 - 14:04:58 CDT