Re: TNS-12571 and Mcafee Virus Scan 7

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_telusplanet.net>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 18:50:33 GMT

Jim Thompson wrote:

> Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_telusplanet.net> wrote in message news:<3ECCE00D.520617_at_telusplanet.net>...
> > Daniel Morgan wrote:
> >
> > > Or configuring the firewall to ignore 1521?
> >
> > Does this imply McAfee anti-virus has a built in firewall?
>
> Yes, in Version 7
>
> McAfee has escalated this problem. I did not try moving ports, I wasn't sure
> if that was kosher with Oracle.
>
> If I hear from Mcafee I'll post it.

Thanks. I'm quite interested. Since there is an included firewall, I suspect Daniel is right.

You can move off port 1521 by changing the Listener.ora on your server and the tnsnames.ora on all your clients and the server. It's usually a pain in any moderate sized organization that uses TNSNAMES.ora, but it is (or at least used to be) supported. If it's a firewall question, this will not help. Received on Thu May 22 2003 - 13:50:33 CDT