Re: Change OEM Language

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_nospam.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 20:15:03 +0200

On Thu, 22 May 2003 13:34:50 GMT, "Yanick Quirion" <neokimia_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I'm using the OEM console on my Windows XP workstation. The version of
>Oracle I'm using is 9.2.0.1. My regional setting are set to Canada French,
>beacause I'm from Québec. But I want to have the OEM console display in
>english not in french. Currently, when I start it, it display all menus in
>french and I don't understand those terms. I prefer to have in english, but
>I don't want to change my regional settings to Canada English. There is a
>way, using registry or environment variable to force OEM starts in english
>without checking my regional settings?
>
>Thanks
>
>Regards,
>Yanick Quirion
>neokimia_at_hotmail.com

I don't think so. You could try changing NLS_LANG though, the part prior to the .
The 'because' escapes me. I don't run Oracle in Dutch 'because' I am from the Netherlands, neither is anyone in Wales or in Friesland capable of running it in their own language.

Regards

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Thu May 22 2003 - 13:15:03 CDT