installing 9iAS 9.0.2, linux, 1503 error

From: sdahlin <member29207_at_dbforums.com>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 16:40:02 +0000

Has anyone determined how to fix the error that occurs when trying to install 9iAS 9.0.2 on RH 8.0? The error is 1503: create controlfile failed. Others (on this forum and elsewhere) have encountered this problem with RH 8.0 and Suse 8.0 as well. I know that Oracle recommends RHAS or Suse 7.1 but I already have a server up with RH 8.0 and cannot change it right now.

All environment variables are set correctly, and so on.

Did anyone figure it out?

Steve