Re: DB2 DBA wants to learn Oracle

From: Kenneth A Kauffman <kkauffman_at_nospam.headfog.com>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 13:49:00 GMT

"dotyet" <dotyet_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message news:6c6dc4d2.0305220234.55af3742_at_posting.google.com...
> Hey,
>
> I am a DB2 DBA and now I also want to learn oracle 9i. i am already in
> possession of the oracle documentation. it's just that oracle is a
> gigantic ship and I am not clear where to board it from. any pointers
> as to where to start from will be a big help.
>
> my environment is oracle 9i 9.0.1 (i guess this is the correct release
> number?????) and redhat linux 7.3
>
> i have already installed oracle on this machine and have created a
> user for my self.
>
> thanks,
> dotyet

Start with the concepts guide. Some will be a rehash of what you know, but this should be a good start for understanding "Oracle's Way".

Documenation
tahiti.oracle.com

Oracle Concepts
http://otn.oracle.com/pls/tahiti/tahiti.to_pdf?partno=a76965&remark=docindex

ken k Received on Thu May 22 2003 - 08:49:00 CDT