Re: dbmove utility?

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 06:44:55 -0700

dotyet wrote:

> db2move is a utility in DB2 to port different DB2 databases between
> different or same platforms like AIX to windows or Linux to Solaris. I
> am absolutely unclear about it being related to an Oracle database in
> anyway.
>
> hth,
> dotyet
>
> Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com> wrote in message news:<3ECC5BAB.4C866CF7_at_exxesolutions.com>...
> > Harry Boswell wrote:
> >
> > > One of our consultant programmers was telling me about a DB2 utility called
> > > dbmove that could quickly replicate databases. He thought this utility had
> > > been ported to Oracle. Does anybody know what he's talking about? A quick
> > > Google search didn't turn up anything that sounded like what he was
> > > referring to.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Harry Boswell
> >
> > Replicate as in real-time replication or replicate as in copy?

If that is the case I can't imagine what its value would be as Oracle, unlike DB2, has a single code base so there is no problem moving between platforms.

That said, the old EXP and IMP do the job quite nicely though not as elegantly as transporting a tablespace.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu