Enterprise manager user creation. Whats wrong?

From: Sherlock <sherlock_at_mailmetoday.com>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 19:26:29 -0500

Greetings,

I am using Oracle 9i on Windows 2000. I came across a weird problem (?) while creating a new user. A schema, i understand is a collection of objects owned by a User. To create a new user, i first create a new tablespace for that user. After that i create a new user and assign the tablespace to him. I understand that 'create user test identified by test' command will create a new schema, called test. But when i create a user yesterday in the enterprise manager, a new user is shown. But a new schema is not shown in the enterprise manager. I can see the user i created under "Security-->Users", but not under "Schema" I have created 5-6 users earlier, but have not experienced this problem(?).

Thank you,
karthik
Purdue university Received on Wed May 21 2003 - 19:26:29 CDT