Re: performance UTL Vs queues

From: Ryan <rgaffuri_at_cox.net>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 21:40:03 GMT

"Nan" <nandagopalj_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:8193246.0305190953.60c8d41e_at_posting.google.com...
> Hello -
>
> I have 2 databases A and B on separate machines.
> I need to move data from A to B that have different schemas over the
> network.
>
> I have data from database-A in chunks of small files .
> Each file may contain data for as many of 50 tables.
>
> Would UTL files be considered a efficient way to read such large
> quantities of data files from pl/sql?
> I plan to read each of the file to process the data and then insert
> the results into different tables.
>
> Alternatively, how would it improve performance to use queues and set
> up the data as payloads ?

how do you want to use queues? dont understand what you are getting at here. you talking consumer/producer model? what kind? or are you talking about reading one file at a time?

> Any input is appreciated..
>
> Thanks
> Jy.

utl_file is VERY slow. use sqlloader. much, much faster. load it into staging tables. then process the data to your 50 tables. Received on Wed May 21 2003 - 16:40:03 CDT