Re: WE8MSWIN1252 NLS_LANG Conversion

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_telusplanet.net>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 14:43:20 GMT

Simon Adebisi wrote:

> Wow Hans!.....How insightful. I always wanted to know how to use
> Oracle Support....You've solved the mystery! Thanks!!!!! (Yes, I've
> searched Metalink and your "tip" on "legitimately" opening a tar was
> about as useful as a frenchman in a war...or even a pillow-fight).
>
> My question was directed at anyone with experience fixing
> "Exceptional" data as identified in the "scann.err". If anyone has
> constructive input (besides Hans), I would be immensely grateful.
>
> Sorry for the tone on the thread, but sheer stupidity rather gets
> under my skin.
>
> - Simon A.

Thanks for your comment. You explicitly requested I do not give any constructive input, so I will not - but as an explanation for the response I originally gave:

  1. I find that few people asking questions here bother to read. And fewer bother to read metalink notes (such as #123670.1 and #225912.1 which happen to be somewhat relevant to your case.) So my first reaction is always - What is your knowledge base? What is your environment? What have you read/tried?
  2. You say that you are going into production, that you have a legitimate issue (scanerr output) and that the issue will cause considerable organizational cost. So my response included - get formal assistance as well, if you have not done so, in addition to the informal and haphazard (albeit generally excellent) assistance here.

I'll try to avoid constructive feedback to you in the future. (Actually, I'll try to avoid any feedback to you in the future, since it seems to irritate you.)

Bye Received on Wed May 21 2003 - 09:43:20 CDT