Re: What else against 9.0.1

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 21 May 2003 06:37:38 -0700

"Noons" <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au.nospam> wrote in message news:<3ecb4ffd$0$16256$afc38c87_at_news.optusnet.com.au>...
> Ask them if they apply the policy of desupporting
> the latest version of database software to ALL
> database suppliers.
>
> Or is this an "Oracle special"?
>
> Seriously, get as heavy as you can on them.
> Who's paying the $$$ here? Your company or them?
>
> It's them that have to run, not you!
> Or is one of your bosses on the payola?
>
> --
> Cheers
> Nuno Souto
> wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au.nospam
> "Peter van Rijn" <p.vanrijnRM_at_THISzhew.nl> wrote in message
>
> > Last week one of our software vendors has been trying to get the middleware
> > product Verastream (WRQ) working with our 9.2.0 (test) database. So far they
> > haven't been very successful and they (i.e. WRQ) suddenly decided to change
> > their strategy: they don't support 9.2.0 anymore!!

Peter, add the fact that Oracle 10 is nearing release. I have heard November of this year but I do not have a source.

You might point out that there are other middleware solutions available on the market including IBM's MQ Series and that JAVA has builtin communication features that make writing a system feasible for many simple from A to B and back situations.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Wed May 21 2003 - 08:37:38 CDT