Re: How to anticipate (Oracle) database locks.

From: Joachim Zobel <jzobel_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 19:41:32 +0200

On Sun, 18 May 2003 20:10:15 +0000, Jan Brunia wrote:

> We have the problem of encountering database locks in our
> Java program. De piece of code most probably causing
> the lock is shown below.

This piece of code needs at least to be executed from 2 sessions to cause a deadlock.

A possibility not yet mentioned is that your code dies without exception handling and leaves the transaction open.

Do you have deferred constraints? An exception thrown by a commit might not be handled properly by the driver.

Hth,
Joachim Received on Tue May 20 2003 - 12:41:32 CDT