Re: Stop users from connecting to database

From: Rob Cowell <rjc4687_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 14:28:02 +0100

Bernd Sandmann wrote:

> Hello,
>
> what is the best way to avoid users from connecting to a database but
> some other users should connect anyway.
>
> The reason for this is that some batch jobs should run under a special
> users while other users should not connect to the database.
>
> regards.
> Bernd Sandmann

ALTER USER username ACCOUNT LOCK

then when it's safe to go back in the water

ALTER USER username ACCOUNT UNLOCK

what that won't do is boot people off who are there when you lock their account.

The only way I can think of to accomplish that is a few ALTER SYSTEM KILL SESSION commands, but that seems fairly harsh. Received on Tue May 20 2003 - 08:28:02 CDT