Re: 9i database: Java?

From: Stephan van Hoof <test_at_test.nl>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 10:00:03 +0200

Thanks,

You state:
"> You don't need to use Oracle's 9iAS or the Oracle supplied Apache server
> (unless the tag library you are running includes Oracle specific tags).
> But you may want to consider using one or the other instead of going to
> the alternatives JVM/J2EE engines (WebSphere, BEA, Orion, JBoss, etc.)."

As far as I know Apache simply forwards all request for JSP's and SERVLETS to Orion (=the J2EE server bought by Oracle). Apache only handles static pages and security. Or is Apache capable of running the JSP's / SERVLETS?

Regards
Stephan