Re: Accessing to Oracle from .Net Compact Framework

From: Oskar Teran <pheonix1t_at_houston.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 05:13:05 GMT

Burt Peltier wrote:

> I am not sure of the terminology, but someone I work with went to a
> Microsoft 3 day class/conference and was impressed by the interaction
> between Microsoft's programming tool (Visual Studio?) and Sql Server... and
> somehow using .NET ?
>
> Anyway, I would also be interested if the interaction noted would be
> possible with Oracle, since Oracle is our main database server and
> Microsoft's programming tools are our main development tools.
>
> Not saying I agree with this combo of server and tools, but it does seem to
> be a popular combination.

well, why don't people call their microsoft sales person and tell them to tell bgates to make vs.net work better with other platforms. It's designed to "work best" with microsoft products...... Over here we stay away from .net stuff unless we have no choice. Java works very well on oracle! Java is the other choice compared to .net! Why don't you use Java? Received on Tue May 20 2003 - 00:13:05 CDT