Re: Securing isqlplus

From: Alison Holloway <Xalison.holloway_at_oracle.comX>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 10:57:15 +1000

Daniel Morgan wrote:
> Thanks for your response.
>
> Hopefully in 10i, or whatever the next version is called, the default installation will be
> HTTPS or we all know disaster will be reported in the computer press shortly thereafter if it
> is insecure. The standard installation should inlcude the HTTPS set-up for the major browsers.
>
> --
> Daniel Morgan
> http://www.outreach.washington.edu/extinfo/certprog/oad/oad_crs.asp
> damorgan_at_x.washington.edu
> (replace 'x' with a 'u' to reply)

If iSQL*Plus is set up using SSL by default, using a temporary certificate, iSQL*Plus will fail to work when the certificate expires. Customers will then have an iSQL*Plus install that only works for a short time after installation, and forced to either get their own certificate, or change the configuration so it doesn't use SSL. I can see a lot of confusion happening if suddenly iSQL*Plus stops working ...

Alison Received on Mon May 19 2003 - 19:57:15 CDT