Re: truncate command 8.1.7. locally managed tablespaces

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_nospam.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 23:25:45 +0200

On 19 May 2003 12:25:09 -0700, where_was_you_at_btinternet.com (Bob) wrote:

>The truncate command on non uniform locally managed tablespaces leaves
>the next extent and pct_increase intact instead of taking the default
>values from the tablespace as for dictionary managed. Next time
>records are inserted beyond the initial extent size then it uses the
>next extent size for its calcxulation worst it then multiplies it by
>1.5 (50% pct_increase shrink wrapped oracle applications). This was
>noted in a migration program that truncated all old rows for a
>previous run before importing more and eventually reached a 12.9G next
>extent before space could not be allocated after about 23 such
>migrations.
>Does anyone know if this is a bug or a feature all the stuff I've read
>says it ignores both next extent and %increase.

Locally managed tablespaces can't have different extent sizes, EVER PCTINCREASE 50 can be easily altered to 0.

Please post more details and version info, crystall balls have sold out here

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Mon May 19 2003 - 16:25:45 CDT