performance UTL Vs queues

From: Nan <nandagopalj_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 19 May 2003 10:53:20 -0700

Hello -

I have 2 databases A and B on separate machines. I need to move data from A to B that have different schemas over the network.

I have data from database-A in chunks of small files . Each file may contain data for as many of 50 tables.

Would UTL files be considered a efficient way to read such large quantities of data files from pl/sql?
I plan to read each of the file to process the data and then insert the results into different tables.

Alternatively, how would it improve performance to use queues and set up the data as payloads ?

Any input is appreciated..

Thanks
Jy. Received on Mon May 19 2003 - 12:53:20 CDT