Re: Installing Oracle Lite on Linux

From: Alex Filonov <afilonov_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 19 May 2003 09:38:49 -0700

e_stogs_at_yahoo.com (Eric) wrote in message news:<686705d3.0305160715.24c96191_at_posting.google.com>...
> Hey,
>
> Does anyone know where I can find an installation guide for installing
> Oracle9 Lite on Linux? On www.oracle.com there is only installation
> guide for Windows systems.
>
> http://otn.oracle.com/software/products/lite/content.html
>
> After unpacking files, I run file "./runInstaller" from command line.
> It requires to set ORACLE_HOME variable. I don't know what this should
> be.

Create a new directory for Oracle Lite and set value of ORACLE_HOME to it.

> After that I have to set another variable "DISPLAY". I don't know
> what to do with it either.

You need to run GUI. If you do, the value of DISPLAY variable should be set already and have value of :0.0.

> So, some kind of manual would be greetly needed.

AFAIK there was an installation documentation in the package somewhere and release notes for Linux. I'll take a look when I get home.