Re: ORA-00376: what are my options?

From: Dusan Bolek <pagesflames_at_usa.net>
Date: 19 May 2003 08:40:29 -0700

"mar" <mar_at_foo.com> wrote in message news:<ba9d19$qk9ml$2_at_ID-174077.news.dfncis.de>...
> "Ana C. Dent" <anacedent_at_hotmail.com> wrote
>

> > P.S.
> > Just curious...
> > How,what, why did this file get clobbered?
>

> Probably because INDX tablespace
> had hit the storage limit and AUTOEXTEND was off.

That's very unlikely. I'm dealing with Oracle for some time now and never I have encountered behaviour like you suggested. Always got just boring 'cannot allocate extent ... bla bla', never get screwed datafile just because space in tablespace run out. I do not dare to say that this is not possible under any circumstances, but I think that origin of your problem lies somewhere else.

Dusan Bolek Received on Mon May 19 2003 - 10:40:29 CDT