Re: Package compilation performance

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 08:35:55 -0700

Jeremy wrote:

> Has anybody noticed that, over time, pl/sql compilation time appears to
> increase? I don't mean just in regard to size but generally?
>
> Is there a way to 'clean things up' to restore pl/sql compilation speeds
> to what they were originally?
>
> Or am I imagining things!
>
> --
>
> jeremy

It has not been my experience.

If you want to pursue this I would suggest you supply the following:

1. Oracle version and edition
2. Server hardware and operating system
3. Client hardware and operating system
4. Time period, number of compilations, and size of compiled objects

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu