Re: Install Oracle Server on Linux

From: Rainer Herbst <rherbst__at__rz.uni-potsdam.de>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 09:01:54 +0200

Hi,

installing Oracle on Linux can be painfull ;-(

The Oracle Installer uses his own JRE, an quite old one. You have JDK 1.3.1, and there might be interferences between the two Java versions. Be sure the Java environment for your oracle user is clear and does not use your JDK, or even remove the JDK prior to install Oracle.

HTH,
Rainer Herbst