Re: vbscript and oracle connection freezing.

From: Eltschinger Markus <do_not_email_at_home.com>
Date: Sun, 18 May 2003 17:46:49 +0200

In your example you're using the Oracle Provider for OLE DB. Here's a small extract of an ASP script which runs on my server running Microsoft Windows2000, IIS 5.0, MDAC 2.7 and the latest Oracle9i R2 client: (besides: an ODBC connection string looks different

sConnStr = "Provider=OraOLEDB.Oracle;" & _
           "Data Source=xxxxx;" & _
           "OSAuthent=0;" & _
           "PLSQLRSet=0;" & _
           "FetchSize=128;" & _
           "CacheType=Memory;" & _
           "Persist Security Info=False;" & _
           "User Id=xxxxx;" & _
           "Password=xxxxx;"
strSQL  =  " ... put your SQL code here ..."

Set objCn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection") objCn.Open sConnStr

Set objRs = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")

objRs.ActiveConnection = objCn
objRs.CursorType = adOpenForwardOnly
objRs.CursorLocation = adUseServer
objRs.LockType = adLockReadOnly

objRs.Open strSQL
... process the returned data here ...
objRs.Close
set objRs = Nothing
objCn.Close
set objCn = Nothing

Here are also two interesting links dealing with Oracle Provider for OLE DB:

Sample ADO connection strings for ODBC, OLE DB Provider etc. http://www.able-consulting.com/ADO_Conn.htm

Oracle Provider for OLE DB 9.2.0.2.0 (software): http://otn.oracle.com/software/tech/windows/ole_db/content.html

Oracle9i Release 2 Provider for OLE DB Developer's Guide: http://otn.oracle.com/docs/products/oracle9i/doc_library/release2/win.920/a95498.pdf

Kind regards,