Re: Oracle 9.2 on RH9 Java initialisation error

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_telusplanet.net>
Date: Sun, 18 May 2003 14:53:15 GMT

Fred J wrote:

> I am running RH9 and trying to load Oracle server 9.2. I have followed the
> installation documentation provied by Oracle but when I try to start
> runInstaller I get the error:
>
> [oracle_at_neptune Disk1]$ ./runInstaller
> [oracle_at_neptune Disk1]$ Initializing Java Virtual Machine from
> ../stage/Components/oracle.swd.jre/1.1.8/1/DataFiles/Expanded/linux/bin/jre.
> Please wait...
> /home/oracle/Disk1/stage/Components/oracle.swd.jre/1.1.8/1/DataFiles/Expande
> d/linux/lib/linux/native_threads/libzip.so: symbol errno, version GLIBC_2.0
> not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference (libzip.so)
> Unable to initialize threads: cannot find class java/lang/Thread
> Could not create Java VM
>
> Anyone seen this before and got past it?
>
> TIA
>
> Fred Johnson

Discussed on this group many times. Not a cerified combination. Amongst other things, Oracle Java vs RH Java conflicts. Also conflicts on GCC (glibc) you may need to have gcc 2.95 coexist. Not easy to do or resolve. Use google/yahoo to grep the archive for more discussion. Received on Sun May 18 2003 - 09:53:15 CDT