Re: ORA-00376: what are my options?

From: Ana C. Dent <anacedent_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 18 May 2003 07:14:18 -0700

mar wrote:
> This is what I've done:
>
> - deleted all index-related constraints, but I left "NOT NULL" and CHECK
> constraints
>
> - tried ALTER TABLESPACE INDX OFFLINE but I got 01191 and 01110
>
> - tried DROP TABLESPACE INDX INCLUDING CONTENTS but I got
> 00604 and 02429 (and CPU usage jumped to 90% for oracle.exe)
>
> - tried DROP TABLESPACE INDX INCLUDING CONTENTS CASCADE
> CONSTRAINTS but got again 00604 and 02429 (CPU usage jumped to
> 90% for oracle.exe again)
>
> After these actions, oracle.exe stayed at 50% for no apparent reason
> (it's Sunday, no connected users).
>
> - then, dropped absolutely all constraints
>
> - after 5 minutes, oracle.exe still at 50% for no apparent reason
>
> - DROP TABLESPACE INDX INCLUDING CONTENTS CASCADE
> CONSTRAINTS but got again 00604 and 02429 (CPU usage jumped to
> 90% for oracle.exe again)
>

> So looks like I can't drop tablespace INDX. Any suggestions?

FIRST - Make sure you have a good backup NOW! NEXT - Make sure NO objects reside within tablespace INDX

If not already, place instance in noarchivelog mode; then
startup mount
alter database datafile 'filename' offline drop; alter database open;
drop tablespace INDX;

Learn that sometimes you need to do what is best & NOT what the boss says to do. Remember sometimes
"It is earier to ask for forgiveness, rather than permission."

HTH & YMMV HAND! P.S.
Just curious...
How,what, why did this file get clobbered? Received on Sun May 18 2003 - 09:14:18 CDT