Re: New trend in modern IT consultancy - use your relational database as flat file

From: Mike Sherrill <MSherrill_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 18 May 2003 09:44:20 -0400

On Sat, 17 May 2003 00:53:52 GMT, "Jim Kennedy" <kennedy-down_with_spammers_at_attbi.com> wrote:

>Sounds like shoot from the hip kind of
>programming.

My intuition tells me there might be more to it than that. If I had to base my opinion solely on the Usenet traffic I've read--most of the groups with "database" in their name, and most of the comp.lang.java groups--I'd conclude that relational theory is very, very hard for most OO programmers to bend their heads around.

And, in practice, relational theory is pretty durned practical.

--
Mike Sherrill
Information Management Systems