Re: ORA-00376: what are my options?

From: mar <mar_at_foo.com>
Date: Sun, 18 May 2003 14:14:59 +0200

"Howard J. Rogers" <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au> wrote

> Mmmmm. A newbie that needs to learn the values of backups, perhaps?

My boss is management-challenged. I keep telling him about the value of backups, but he lives on another planet.

You know, he is one of those guys who think that RDBMSes are just a little bit better filesystems. His premise is "Oracle should run forever automatically, without supervision"! I'm serious.

A story for Dilbert, I guess.

But let's get back to the problem:

> The problem you've got is that whilst you can merrily re-create indexes,
> dropping them is a whole lot harder. For a start, you can't drop indexes
> which are used to enforce Primary or Unique Key constraints. So you have
> identify those constraints first, drop or disable them, and then you can
> drop the indexes.

I have TOAD. So I just have to find all index-related constraints, drop them, and DROP TABLESPACE INDX INCLUDING CONTENTS? Sounds easy. I have only around 30 tables. Thanks,