Re: Oracle doesn't shutdown

From: Antoine BRUNEL <antoinebrunel_at_yahoo.fr>
Date: Sun, 18 May 2003 01:39:21 +0200

hi from Paris

nothing to do with locally managed TBS.... shutdown immediate will try to rollback any active transaction, wich can be time consuming.

If shutting down with "immediate" is really not working, a (not supported by sure way) is:

If it is TRUE SMON will do cleanup on TBS that have pctincrease > 0, this process is likely to stop when requested. In my experience, I saw shut down problems when large transaction, or large number of, where occuring.

But Oracle RDBMS is plenty of bugs !!!