uninstalled data mining, sqlplus says it's still there

From: Amy Hughes <amylugnews_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 17 May 2003 11:53:30 -0700

Newbie alert...

I used Oracle's Universal Install program to uninstall the extra-cost options from my Personal database. By viewing the tree of installed components I see that it was, in fact, removed, but when I connect to the database sqlplus tells me...

Connected to:
Personal Oracle9i Release 9.2.0.1.0 - Production With the Oracle Data Mining option
JServer Release 9.2.0.1.0 - Production

Is this a problem? I ordered a one-year license for Personal with no options but I haven't received it yet (but I did receive the CD Pack), so I guess I'm in the trial 30 days.

According to the installation instructions there were some files I could just delete to uninstall the data mining option but the Windows search utility couldn't find those files even before I uninstalled the options.

Is there something more I should do, and is this going to be a licensing problem when my trial is over?

Thanks,
Amy Received on Sat May 17 2003 - 13:53:30 CDT