Re: Oracle 817- User Level SQL TRACE

From: Anton Buijs <remove_aammbuijs_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2003 14:43:09 +0200

Alex Smith <SorryNoSpam_at_Please.Com> schreef in berichtnieuws mHnxa.26021$6L5.11355019_at_news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net...
| Hey Guys,
| Some of the Reports (developed using CRYSTAL REPORTS) does not perform
well.
| We always launch all the reports as Oracle User = 'CryRptUser' . I would
| like to trace the SQL Statements that is being forwarded by Crystal
Reports
| to Oracle.
|
| Can we turn on SQL-TRACE for a specific Oracle user. I don't want to turn
| Trace ON at the database level.
|
| Thanks for your help.

In addition to the other posts you can use:

   execute dbms_system.set_sql_trace_in_session(sid, serial#, TRUE); (or 3rd parameter FALSE) to turn tracing on/off for an existing session. However you miss the statements already executed by the session. I like the trigger solution. Received on Sat May 17 2003 - 07:43:09 CDT