Re: Oracle 817- User Level SQL TRACE

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2003 12:29:32 +0200

"Alex Smith" <SorryNoSpam_at_Please.Com> wrote in message news:mHnxa.26021$6L5.11355019_at_news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net...
> Hey Guys,
> Some of the Reports (developed using CRYSTAL REPORTS) does not perform
well.
> We always launch all the reports as Oracle User = 'CryRptUser' . I would
> like to trace the SQL Statements that is being forwarded by Crystal
Reports
> to Oracle.
>
> Can we turn on SQL-TRACE for a specific Oracle user. I don't want to turn
> Trace ON at the database level.
>
> Thanks for your help.

Sure you can.
You can create a database logon trigger for the specific Oracle user, issuing
execute immediate 'alter session set sql_trace=true' you can also enable tracing by using oradebug (you need to track the os processid first)
issue
oradebug ospid <your pid>
oradebug event 10046 trace name context forever, level 12 oradebug unlimit

Or issue dbms_system.set_ev connected as sys

Numerous possibilities

Please do not crosspost, especially not to comp.databases.oracle,. which should be considered obsolete and is not supported by many providers. You won't get a bigger audience, you will only waste bandwith and people's time.

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA